CRAY VALLEY PARISH
The Mothers’ Union is a Christian Society within the Anglican Community.
Worldwide it has 4 million members in 83 countries.
Our vision is of a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships.
Our aims and purposes are to demonstrate the Christian faith by the transformation of communities world-wide through the nurture of the family in its many forms.
Our Mission is to:
- To promote and support family life.
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children.
- To maintain a world-wide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service,
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
- We believe in the value of each individual and their unique qualities.
- We believe in the value of marriage and all faithful, loving family relationships.
- We believe in the value of the family in its many forms as a source of love and support for individuals and the basis for a caring community.
The values of the Mothers’ Union are firmly rooted in a voluntary ethos, its governance, leadership and programmes are driven by and undertaken through members around the world as they respond to God’s call to faith and action.